depth fade with particle alpha shader

Node-based Shader Editor

depth fade with particle alpha shader

Postby dom » Mon May 21, 2018 1:01 pm

Hi

I want to create a particle effect which makes use of depth fade, so a cloud of dust intersects smoothly with the ground.
when using th DepthFade Node, I get this error:

redefinition of '_CameraDepthTexture' at line 70 (on d3d11)

I had a browse in the forum and saw someone had a similar problem when using the Spec Color property on another shader.
So is as a work around to just 'use' the existing camera depth texture instead of redefining it, I commented out that line 70, which made the depth fade work actually.

Would be nice to see this fixed!
dom

Re: depth fade with particle alpha shader

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Mon May 21, 2018 3:37 pm

dom wrote:Hi

I want to create a particle effect which makes use of depth fade, so a cloud of dust intersects smoothly with the ground.
when using th DepthFade Node, I get this error:

redefinition of '_CameraDepthTexture' at line 70 (on d3d11)

I had a browse in the forum and saw someone had a similar problem when using the Spec Color property on another shader.
So is as a work around to just 'use' the existing camera depth texture instead of redefining it, I commented out that line 70, which made the depth fade work actually.

Would be nice to see this fixed!

Hello,

That might indeed be an issue, thank you for reporting it. What shader type were you using and, if possible, could you also share a sample?

Our developer has been able to partially replicate the issue on our side, we'll get back to you ASAP!

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:28 pm

Hello, the reported issue has been fixed, please access the latest ASE build, which you can download from our website, in order to make sure that you're getting the latest version currently available.

Please let us know if you come across any further issues, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby dom » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:26 am

Thank you very much,

we were just running into compiler errors due to me commenting out the depth texture identifier..

Cheers! :)
dom

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:45 pm

Thank you for getting back to us and letting us know that you're no longer experiencing this issue!

Have you had the chance to rate and review Amplify Shader Editor? It would be awesome if you could share your experience with the Unity community, the Unity Asset Store thrives on user interaction and direct feedback.
Every bit helps, your feedback is extremely valuable to us!

Feel free to get back in touch if you have further issues or questions, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor