Postprocess and UI Template in Lightweight renderer

Node-based Shader Editor

Postprocess and UI Template in Lightweight renderer

Postby Giantswing » Sat May 26, 2018 11:35 am

Hi! I'm making a small mobile project and I think using the new lightweight renderer would help me a lot to achieve better performance, the problem is that I have some UI and post processing shaders that I'd love to use too, since this ones dont have a template I dont know how I could do it.

My question is, is this something that is gonna be added in the near future? If not, how could I go around the process of making the template myself? Would it be too complicated? Is there a workaround for my problem?

Thanks a lot as always, I've only been here for a month or so but you guys have always been quick to answer and incredibly nice, I'm recommending ASE to everyone I can :)
Giantswing

Re: Postprocess and UI Template in Lightweight renderer

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon May 28, 2018 11:03 am

Hello! At this time, we offer two templates compatible with the LW SRP, the Lightweight PBR and the Lightweight Unlit.

We have no plans to create additional templates at this time specific to the LW SRP, however, it might be considered in the future depending on user feedback and requests, so it's not completely off the table!

Nevertheless, we do provide the means for you to develop custom templates yourself, it requires some knowledge of shader programming but by editing our own templates and following the instructions on our Wiki Page regarding Templates and the Scriptable Rendering Pipeline, you can get a good idea on how to get started.

Let us know if you have any further questions, we'll be happy to help!

EDIT: "We have no plans to create additional templates" To be clear, we don't have official plans but we intend to support as many as we possibly can as the new Scriptable Rendering Pipeline matures.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Giantswing » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:07 pm

Sorry if this may sound rude it's not my intention at all but, I think the same templates that are for the legacy renderer should be available in other renderers or at least in the LWRP and the HDRP even if it was just about consistency and I find it weird that you guys think so differently about this, also I asked a while ago in a youtube video of you guys about this very thing and you guys told me that this was something that would be added soon but I guess there has been a change of mind

Thanks for your time
Giantswing

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:01 am

Giantswing wrote:Sorry if this may sound rude it's not my intention at all but, I think the same templates that are for the legacy renderer should be available in other renderers or at least in the LWRP and the HDRP even if it was just about consistency and I find it weird that you guys think so differently about this, also I asked a while ago in a youtube video of you guys about this very thing and you guys told me that this was something that would be added soon but I guess there has been a change of mind

Thanks for your time

Hello,

My apologies for the misunderstanding, I'm the one that got back to you on our Youtube video.

I'm afraid Amplify_Borba was not fully up-to-date regarding SRP Templates. What he should have said is that while we have no official plans to develop specific templates, it's in our interest to support as many types as we possibly can!

We recently added support for Unlit LWRP shaders, more will certainly follow as soon as viable.

Giantswing wrote: I think the same templates that are for the legacy renderer should be available in other renderers or at least in the LWRP and the HDRP even if it was just about consistency and I find it weird that you guys think so differently about this

I assure you that we don't think differently but, unfortunately, it's not as straightforward as it seems as LWRP is not yet a "standard" as the built-in shader system. LWRP, or even HDRP, is in constant change, we can't currently commit to providing additional shader types without knowing if we'll have to rework them with every update as we do with the types available.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I would be happy to elaborate.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Shader Editor