Can I convert a node back to a Tex?

Node-based Shader Editor

Can I convert a node back to a Tex?

Postby RobRamsay » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Hi there,

I am making a texture packer shader which reads the texture which is pre-split into quads. Top left will be albedo, top right Spec Color, Bottom Left Normal map and Bottom right is Emissive.

So far I have it all working by remapping the 0 - 0.5 areas back to 0-1 UV space, but. I have no way to create tiling now as it would reintroduce the other quad areas, so. I am thinking, is there a way to call my pre-final nodes a texture and then work from that as if it was an original Texture node?

I am thinking about the Virtual Texture Object Node.. could that solve my problem, not sure how to use it though.
RobRamsay

Re: Can I convert a node back to a Tex?

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:15 pm

Hello, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

Unfortunately, baking the node network to a texture is beyond the scope of a Shader Editor, although it might be possible to achieve through additional scripting and dedicated shaders, as mentioned on this topic.

The Virtual Texture Object node was specifically designed to provide compatibility with Amplify Texture 2, so its specific for that use.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor