Keyboard to select node in search?

Node-based Shader Editor

Keyboard to select node in search?

Postby nicmar » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:55 pm

When I right click and type something, for example "time", I get a few results, but I can't seem to pick them by pressing keyboard down, is that normal? Using Unity 2018.1 and just downloaded ASE today.

The hold-key-and-left-click is really smart! However I'm so used to deleting nodes with X from Blender. Does X do anything? If not, it would be nice, since I have my left hand on that side of the keyboard, and the other hand on my mouse, and I wouldn't have to move one of the hands to the delete key.

I saw that I can alt-click to delete a connection, maybe the same would work to delete a node? It's just a minor note, so take it lightly.

nicmar

Re: Keyboard to select node in search?

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:52 pm

Hello,

Our apologies for the delay, we were away for Unite Berlin.

nicmar wrote:When I right click and type something, for example "time", I get a few results, but I can't seem to pick them by pressing keyboard down, is that normal? Using Unity 2018.1 and just downloaded ASE today.

Does this happen on a secondary monitor? Unity has a few known issues that could be causing the reported problem, but it should work as expected on your primary screen. What's your exact Unity version?

The hold-key-and-left-click is really smart! However I'm so used to deleting nodes with X from Blender. Does X do anything? If not, it would be nice, since I have my left hand on that side of the keyboard, and the other hand on my mouse, and I wouldn't have to move one of the hands to the delete key.

I'm afraid that we can't add that specific shortcut as all alphabetical keys are reserved for node creation, however, we do plan to offer additional shortcut customization in the future!

I saw that I can alt-click to delete a connection, maybe the same would work to delete a node? It's just a minor note, so take it lightly.

It's an interesting suggestion, it makes sense to optimize interaction but it could result in accidental node deletion.

Thank you for your feedback, keep it coming!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Shader Editor