Skewed Reflections

Node-based Shader Editor

Skewed Reflections

Postby DanielTodorov » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:28 am

Greetings from Australia!

I'm working on a project and so far Amplify has been amazing! There is one thing I can't wrap my head around:

The setup includes models with a texture array where I have the normal maps' RGB and a smoothness map'. I found the documentation on how to use these type of normal maps with the Unpack Scale Normal node, but the reflections on my objects are curved:

AmplifyNormals.jpg
AmplifyNormals.jpg (202.65 KiB) Viewed 581 times

It is even more prominent in curved surfaces and at a few instances, the reflections of vertical buildings would appear almost horizontal.

Any idea what am I missing?

Cheers

Daniel
DanielTodorov

Re: Skewed Reflections

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:01 am

Hello, thank you for reaching us!

It's a bit hard to tell what could be going on, as we don't have access to enough information through the screenshot alone.
It would be great if we could examine your scene, project and shader settings in order to find how how to best help you sort this out.

For that reason, can you share a simple sample with the issue present, so that we can debug it on our side? Thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby DanielTodorov » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:20 am

Thank you for the fast reply!

I started preparing a scene where the issue is isolated and so far it seems like it is on my side. My models were set up in a wrong way. Ill keep looking and if I figure out anything down the line Ill come back here
DanielTodorov

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:02 am

No problem, please let us know if there's anything we can help with.

You can also share the sample privately via [email protected] if you prefer, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor