Help converting shader to Amplify Shader

Node-based Shader Editor

Help converting shader to Amplify Shader

Postby Triben » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:02 am

Hi there,

To start off with I am very new to shader programming. However lately I have been familiarizing myself with Amplify Shader Editor. One of the shaders I found online which I have been using is used to make a basic Gaussian blur. Which until now has worked just fine for me. However I'm looking to turn it into a Shader Function so that I can customize it more and expand upon it.

I am looking for some assistance or prehaps someone can point me in the right direction to which nodes I should be using.

Shader in question: HERE

Any help would be great! Cheers, Tristan
Triben

Re: Help converting shader to Amplify Shader

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:21 pm

Hello, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

You should be able to convert that effect into a function, I'd advise examining the code generated by ASE shaders, by opening them in a text editor, in order to interpret what kind of code each node generates, as it will help you get a better understanding of how to replicate non-ASE shaders.

I would also recommend looking into our Custom Expression node, which allows you to inject shader code into your graphs, providing additional flexibility to your shaders.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you come across any issues, we'll be happy to assist.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor