Shader Error trying to compile .. Bug in text code@!

Node-based Shader Editor

Shader Error trying to compile .. Bug in text code@!

Postby sethhall » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:03 am

I'm making a complex radial uv distortion shader and I keep getting compiler errors. I finally tracked down how to fix it. I have to manually open the shader code and actually find the line it is complaining about.

Here is the error Unity is reporting.
Code: Select all
Shader error in 'ASETemplateShaders/Legacy/Particles Alpha Blended': syntax error: unexpected token ')' at line 114 (on glcore)
Compiling Vertex program
Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING

Upon loading the shader in my text editor I find there is a stray period '.' ... in between some parenthesis. If I delete the period and save, the shader hten works. The issue here is.. Every time I make a change in the node graph I have to repeat this process. Does anyone know wtf is goin gon here?

Here is the line in the text code.
Code: Select all
               float4 appendResult23_g15 = (float4(break32_g15.x , break32_g15.y , (temp_output_14_0_g15).));

Notice the (temp_output_14_0_g15).)); <-- that period is bad news.

Seth
sethhall

Re: Shader Error trying to compile .. Bug in text code@!

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:04 am

Hello Seth, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

Could you please send us the problematic shader including functions being used, if any, over to [email protected]?

It's always best if we can investigate the same data that generates the issue, not to mention that it greatly speeds up the debug process, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby sethhall » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:23 pm

You got it. I just emailed over a .unityPackage. Looking forward to understanding whats going on. Thanks.

Seth
sethhall

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:10 am

Thank you for sending the sample, we'll keep in touch via email as we sort this issue out!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor