Multipass shader standard surface shader + ShadowCaster

Node-based Shader Editor

Multipass shader standard surface shader + ShadowCaster

Postby JohnHacker » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:10 pm

Hi! I was looking for a template to make a multipass shader with the standard surface shader for the vertex position and a different ShadowCaster pass for a different vertex position (without vertex offset, so the shadow doesn't move). Would it be possible if you make a template for the standard surface shader with multipass? I thought it was going to be a standard when I started to read about the templates, but they are incredibly hard to make from scratch to make it work :(

Thank you so much!
JohnHacker

Re: Multipass shader standard surface shader + ShadowCaster

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:57 am

Hello, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

Extending Multi-Pass to Surface Shaders is actually something we plan to do in the future, as soon as we feel that the template system is robust enough. Although there is no official date for this, I'll be registering your interest so that we can get back to you on this.

Shader templates are quite advanced and flexible, but they do require some shader knowledge in order to set up. We do provide a basic multi-pass example in our wiki, where we also focus on explaining its specific tags and behaviors.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby RobRamsay » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:42 pm

Hi,

Am I right in thinking this will support the Standard Surface Lighting node(normally in custom lighting) in a multipass shader as I need to render my shader in a multipass so that my Post Process AO/DoF stays intact when using alpha cutout/transparency.

Is it possible.

Or, is it possible to do multipass in a custom lighting setup type of thing?
RobRamsay

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:15 pm

Most of our lighting nodes work with our templates, including the SRP, so you should be able to use them in a multipass template as long as you set up your passes correctly.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor