Point light cut in half

Node-based Shader Editor

Point light cut in half

Postby Crystalius » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Hi!

Found that normal texture need to be marked as "normal" in import settings but I already did that and problem is still persists..

Problem disappears when not using any normals. What could be wrong?

This problem also happens with only 1 normal texture sample attached, so it's not the code I made for "normal" socket.

This problem also happens with any normal map, so it's not my normal map's problem

Thanks!
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Point light cut in half
Untitled.jpg (155.9 KiB) Viewed 592 times
Crystalius

Re: Point light cut in half

Postby Crystalius » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:05 pm

Problem disappears in Standard shader. So there's something wrong with my ASE shader. Played with shader settings and no luck. Hmm what am I missing?
Crystalius

Postby Crystalius » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:38 pm

Fixed. Needed to unpack normal texture and alter normal strength using Scale instead of Add Float
Crystalius

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:14 am

Hello, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

Apologies for not being able to get back to you earlier, we're happy that you've managed to sort out the issue. In certain cases, and depending on the texture's import settings, you need to manually toggle the "Unpack Normal Map" to ON in the Texture Sample's parameters.

For reference, in any future issue, we would really appreciate if you would share the problematic shader and, if required, any textures or additional assets, in order for us to best help you in debugging them.

Please let us know if you come across any further issues, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor