Unity 2018: Procedural Wall Shader Compile Error

Node-based Shader Editor

Unity 2018: Procedural Wall Shader Compile Error

Postby magikarts » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:07 am

In Unity 2018 v2.1f, importing Amplify Shader Editor or creating a new editor yields the following warning:

Shader error in 'ASESampleShaders/ProceduralWall': 'vertexDataFunc': output parameter 'v' not completely initialized at line 59 (on metal)

It's easily fixed by going into proceduralWall.shader and adding as the first line to 'vertexDataFunc':

Code: Select all
UNITY_INITIALIZE_OUTPUT(appdata_full, v);
magikarts

Re: Unity 2018: Procedural Wall Shader Compile Error

Postby magikarts » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:14 am

Apparently this is more than just the installed code base. Had to add it to the vertex function of newly created shaders. And have to do it each time I edit making the editor a pain to use, although if I check GPU instancing, the error goes away. Still new to the editor so not sure if this fixes the problem.
magikarts

Re: Unity 2018: Procedural Wall Shader Compile Error

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:49 am

Hello, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to replicate this issue on my side. I suspect it might be related to importing it to your current project, in case it had any sort of errors present that might've cause ASE to import incorrectly. Did you try to do a "Reimport All" by right clicking in a project folder and choosing that option?

Could you try creating a new project, doing a clean import of the latest version available from our website, and checking if the issue is still present?

Apologies for the inconvenience, looking forward to your reply!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor