HSV to RGB node not working correctly?

Node-based Shader Editor

HSV to RGB node not working correctly?

Postby Hylian_a6324 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:55 pm

Hello y'all,
I really love your product! It makes things a lot easier.

However, I discovered something weird in the way how the "HSV to RGB" node works.
I was trying to copy some colors from an Adobe Illustrator art concept (using HSB there) to ASE (HSV).
I realized that the outcome color is not the same as in illustrator, even though i use the exact same Brightness/Value value.
In order to review that inconsistency i used the color picker from Unity and it confirmed my suspicion.

I think there is something wrong in the way you calculate your "HSV to RGB" node.
However, I need it to be working correctly for the project i am working on.
Would you review that?
Or am I missing something?
Hylian_a6324

Re: HSV to RGB node not working correctly?

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:31 pm

Hello, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

Regarding the issue, could you confirm if your project's 'Color Space' is set to 'Gamma'?

I've ran some tests and, despite the node preview not being accurate, which is expected, the final result on an unlit shader seems to correct.

Since our node previews are in fact textures, they will be affected by the Color Space you've set up for the project, which can result in the preview having a somewhat different result than expected, but it will not interfere with their output.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Hylian_a6324 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:29 pm

Thanks for your quick response.
My color space was already set to alpha.

However, I was only checking on the preview image within my Shader function, on the unlit shader within the scene the colors are perfectly fine! I thought the preview image would also be unlit. What is the reason for it being displayed differently?

Anyway, my issue has been solved as I wasn't checking on the shader within the scene before. ;)
Hylian_a6324

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:30 pm

Thank you for letting us know that everything is working as expected!

In regards to the preview, unfortunately there seems to be an issue with the HSV to RGB node's preview which I'll pass to the developers for further investigation.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, thanks!
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:47 pm

Hey there, I'm getting back in touch to let you know that this issue should be corrected in the latest ASE versions!

Thank you for reporting it, please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you come across any further issues!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor