how to convert RGBA vector to a texture node

Node-based Shader Editor

how to convert RGBA vector to a texture node

Postby alfred_325 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:23 am

Hello, first of all i am very new at making shaders so if my question is very noobish please bear with me.
here is my situation i have made a blur shader for my post processing effects (something like SimpleBlur example). what i want to do next is do one more layer of blur filter on it and then do a pixel distortion on it. the solution came to my mind is store each level result as a texture then use that texture as input for other layers. but the output of each level is RGBA vector.
i was wonder to know how i can make this interface node ?
alfred_325

Re: how to convert RGBA vector to a texture node

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:42 am

alfred_325 wrote:Hello, first of all i am very new at making shaders so if my question is very noobish please bear with me.
here is my situation i have made a blur shader for my post processing effects (something like SimpleBlur example). what i want to do next is do one more layer of blur filter on it and then do a pixel distortion on it. the solution came to my mind is store each level result as a texture then use that texture as input for other layers. but the output of each level is RGBA vector.
i was wonder to know how i can make this interface node ?

Hello,

We would be happy to help but please keep in mind that this forum is aimed mainly at technical support.

Unfortunately, you cannot convert a Vector 4 to a texture node.

Can you provide an example of what you currently have and what you intend to manipulate?

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Shader Editor