All Amplify Shaders are Pink (Broken)

Node-based Shader Editor

All Amplify Shaders are Pink (Broken)

Postby hippowombat » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:14 pm

Hey there, I'm new to Unity, coming over from UE4.

I picked up Amplify and imported it into a project in 2018.2.6f1 Personal edition, and am able to create shader files and edit them using the Amplify editor graph. However, when I apply any Amplify shader to a material, the material just turns pink, indicating something is broken.

Am I understanding correctly that I need to apply the shader to a material, and then apply that material to an object? I'm using the Lightweight pipeline, which from what I read was supported.

I greatly appreciate your time and any help you can offer.

Cheers!
hippowombat

Re: All Amplify Shaders are Pink (Broken)

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch, we would be happy to help!

Did you follow the SRP Lightweight instructions? Unlike standard Unity shaders, SRP HD and LW requires a few additional steps.

You define the shader in the material. Alternatively, you can right click a shader and create a material, this will automatically assign the selected shader.

Do you see any errors on your console or in shader inspector tab?

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby hippowombat » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:18 pm

Hey there, from what I can see it looks like I've followed the steps in the link you provided, however I still get the same result. I do seem to get one shader warning regarding the LightWeightSRPPBR file that the instructions had me import:

Shader warning in 'ASETemplateShaders/LightWeightSRPPBR': 'SampleSHPixel': implicit truncation of vector type at line 186 (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program
Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING

Sorry for any confusion, I'm not sure if I installed something incorrectly, I'm going to try this on my main rig when I get home and follow the instructions more closely to see if I might have missed anything. Thank you again for your time.
hippowombat

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:11 am

hippowombat wrote:Hey there, from what I can see it looks like I've followed the steps in the link you provided, however I still get the same result. I do seem to get one shader warning regarding the LightWeightSRPPBR file that the instructions had me import:

Shader warning in 'ASETemplateShaders/LightWeightSRPPBR': 'SampleSHPixel': implicit truncation of vector type at line 186 (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program
Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING

Sorry for any confusion, I'm not sure if I installed something incorrectly, I'm going to try this on my main rig when I get home and follow the instructions more closely to see if I might have missed anything. Thank you again for your time.

Hello,

No problem, we would be happy to help find the cause of the issue. I recommend picking up the latest version directly from our website before we proceed.

Are Unity Lighweight shaders working?

It should work right after importing the LWSRPTemplates package, do the LW SRP Samples work?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Shader Editor