LWRP and outline node

Node-based Shader Editor

LWRP and outline node

Postby Eugene » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:48 pm

Hello guys,

I am doing shader with an outline and I assume that I have to use Outline Node for this purpose.
The documentation says that I should connect it to Local Vertex Output, but actually, I have only Vertex Output (if this important).

Anyway, I tried ) to connect it to Vertex Offset and got "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" that brings me to ContainerGraph.CurrentStandardSurface.OutlineHelper.ZWriteMode = m_zWriteMode;s string of OutlineNode.cs

What I am doing wrong?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can find any tutorials with outline and LWRP
Eugene

Re: LWRP and outline node

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:38 pm

Eugene wrote:Hello guys,

I am doing shader with an outline and I assume that I have to use Outline Node for this purpose.
The documentation says that I should connect it to Local Vertex Output, but actually, I have only Vertex Output (if this important).

Anyway, I tried ) to connect it to Vertex Offset and got "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" that brings me to ContainerGraph.CurrentStandardSurface.OutlineHelper.ZWriteMode = m_zWriteMode;s string of OutlineNode.cs

What I am doing wrong?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can find any tutorials with outline and LWRP

Hello,

Our apologies but the Outline effect is not compatible with LWRP,

Do stay tuned, we'll definitely look into adding something like that in the future, assuming it's possible.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Eugene » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:21 pm

Got it. It's sad.

Is this because LWRP assumes only on pass?
Eugene

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:42 am

Our outline implementation was designed specifically for surface shaders and, since it does require an additional pass, it would likely require us to rewrite any templates, such as the LWRP one, so that they could support this technique.

This is assuming that they could support it in the first place, as we haven't had the opportunity to look into it just yet!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Eugene » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:18 am

Thank for the detailed answer.
Eugene

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:01 am

No problem, please let us know if you have any further questions, we'll be happy to help!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor