Amplify Shader not working with Mac OS 10.14 Mojave

Node-based Shader Editor

Re: Amplify Shader not working with Mac OS 10.14 Mojave

Postby pdrummond » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:13 pm

I'm back onto this project now. I created a completely new Unity project in version 2018.2.11f1. I started re-creating my shader in ASE and got as far as adding a couple of nodes before the whole thing froze up again. Specifically, I was using the contextual menu to add another node. I had to force-restart the Mac.

The new project was a standard 3D one using Metal. I'll try switching the project to OpenGL to see if that stops the freezing. Otherwise I'm completely stuck and can't work on this. Any help is much appreciated.
pdrummond

Postby pdrummond » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:31 pm

I changed the project from Metal to OpenGL 4.1 and can now use ASE. It looks like the freezing happens with ASE when using Metal on Mac OS Mojave. I can use OpenGL for now but would like to switch back to Metal when possible.

Thanks.
pdrummond

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:25 pm

pdrummond wrote:I changed the project from Metal to OpenGL 4.1 and can now use ASE. It looks like the freezing happens with ASE when using Metal on Mac OS Mojave. I can use OpenGL for now but would like to switch back to Metal when possible.

Thanks.

Thank you for the heads up, I'll check the status of your ticket on Monday and get back to you ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby pdrummond » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:48 pm

Will there be a fix to allow ASE to work in Mac OS 10.14 when using Metal? I'd like to move some projects to the HD Scriptable Pipeline but this requires Metal.
pdrummond

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:54 pm

Hey there,

This is pointing more and more to a specific Unity related issue but we will keep looking into solutions.

Be sure to update to the latest Unity version available, it seems to help.

(ongoing discussion: https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-e ... os.552736/)

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby pdrummond » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:13 am

Thank you.
pdrummond

Postby francois85 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:29 am

I’m also experiencing problems with Mojave. It inconsistent but opening the graph bring my machine down 50% of the time. Im still working out the exact steps to reproduce this problem.
francois85

Postby francois85 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:49 am

Ok I’ve got myself in a real situation here. I saved my project with the amplify shader graph open. Now when I try to open my Mac freezes with no chance to close the graph. All I see is the frozen graph, an error in the console “ Assertion failed on expression m_ScriptCache!= NULL && m_ScripCache ->klass
And the load bar on bottom left is stuck on 2/11 Layout Systems | 1 job.

Please help :(
francois85

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:07 am

We're still investigating the issues that have been reported with Mojave, and they seem to occur due to interface performance issues that are Unity related and affect other similar extensions as well.

Further tests with the latest stable Unity version on our side have been successful and ASE seems to be running without crashing, however, we're consistently running performance tests in order to try and mitigate the situation on our side.

We believe this situation to improve as Unity provides more fixes in future patches, and we'll do our best to keep you guys posted if we come across any possible workaround, thank you for understanding.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Amplify_Borba

Postby francois85 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:15 pm

OK, thanks for the reply.
francois85

PreviousNext

Return to Amplify Shader Editor