HDRP Template issues with Particle System Vertex Streams

Node-based Shader Editor

HDRP Template issues with Particle System Vertex Streams

Postby DuvE » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:27 am

Hi,

I have some weird issues with PS Vertex Streams and HDRP PBR Template.
When I'm trying to send Particle Center positions to the shader via Vertex Streams everything works fine, but when I also plug in some Normal Texture to the Normal input in a shader, it suddenly breaks. For some reason, when a Normal texture is plugged, only the Z position of particles translated to the shader. I think, HDRP using some UV2 and UV3 for calculations, and because particle center position is presented like (UV1.zw + UV2.x) only UV2.x is sent correctly.

There is Case Scene in attachments. I've just plugged particle center position into Emission for the first shader, and for a second I've also plugged Normal texture.
Attachments
HDRPCase01.zip
(31.75 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
DuvE

Re: HDRP Template issues with Particle System Vertex Streams

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:08 am

DuvE wrote:Hi,

I have some weird issues with PS Vertex Streams and HDRP PBR Template.
When I'm trying to send Particle Center positions to the shader via Vertex Streams everything works fine, but when I also plug in some Normal Texture to the Normal input in a shader, it suddenly breaks. For some reason, when a Normal texture is plugged, only the Z position of particles translated to the shader. I think, HDRP using some UV2 and UV3 for calculations, and because particle center position is presented like (UV1.zw + UV2.x) only UV2.x is sent correctly.

There is Case Scene in attachments. I've just plugged particle center position into Emission for the first shader, and for a second I've also plugged Normal texture.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue. Although we don't currently offer an HD Particle Template, I'll pass this on to the responsible developer for further examination.

What's your current SRP and Unity version?

We'll keep you posted on any related developments.
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby DuvE » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:19 am

Unity 2018.2.1f1
SRP - HDRP 3.0
DuvE

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:24 am

DuvE wrote:Unity 2018.2.1f1
SRP - HDRP 3.0

Thanks, we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:21 pm

Hello, apologies for the delay in our response!

Unfortunately, the HD template is not meant to be used with Unity's particle system since it uses the UV1 and UV2 to receive data, which will conflict with the vertex stream.

You'll need to use our 'Particles Alpha Blended' Template in this situation, which should work without any issues.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have any further questions.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor