Questions Particle GPU instanting and Shader settings

Node-based Shader Editor

Questions Particle GPU instanting and Shader settings

Postby DuvE » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:18 pm

Hi, I have some questions:

- Is there a template or some nodes to work with GPU instantiated particles? I'm trying to create some effects in ASE according to this doc page https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/PartSysInstancing.html, so if ASE has some tools to make this whole process easier it will be great.

- According to url above, to make standard shader work with GPU instances particles I need to add some Pragmas, Defines, and Includes. It can be done in ASE easily, but I can't add custom struct to store up new particle data, is it possible or I need to edit the code after ASE. If it possible to add custom struct, I also need it to be before one of my custom Includes (before #include "UnityStandardParticleInstancing.cginc" for example), is it possible?
DuvE

Re: Questions Particle GPU instanting and Shader settings

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:55 pm

Hello, by using our Particles Template and marking all properties as GPU Instanced you should be able to benefit from this, as the shader will then be defined as an instanced shader.

Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor