Combining other asset's shader with ASE generated code

Node-based Shader Editor

Combining other asset's shader with ASE generated code

Postby Crystalius » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi!

Is it possible to easily combine ASE generated shader code with other non ASE shaders?

I would like to combine Emission slot's code made with ASE with LowPolyWater asset's shader. Feels like I should Add or Multiply ASE's code with LPWater's Emission code but I have no idea how to do that in text code.

My goal is to add twinkling animation I made in ASE to LPWater.

Twinkling (ASE generated code): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejw8dfyzxdj7x ... hader?dl=0

Latter code needs to be combined with LPWater's shader: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdsbidz6y4t6y ... hader?dl=0

Thank you
Crystalius

Re: Combining other asset's shader with ASE generated code

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:27 pm

Hello, it should be possible, although it does require some shader knowledge and, depending on the complexity of the shaders you're trying to merge, it might become a considerable task, as you need to account for all the parameters, calculations and properties involved.

Unfortunately, we don't have the resources to provide assistance with custom shader development, but we'll be happy to assist with any ASE related issue you might come across.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Crystalius » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:26 pm

Thanks for the info!

I will probably attempt to make my own low-poly water using vertex offset as I would love to have those twinkles. Will learn a lot doing that. I hope I will be able to achieve same great performance as LowPolyWater.

Happy to hear that I can always ask for help here with ASE! Will post in the forum in case I hit a wall doing this ocean.

Appreciate
Crystalius

Postby Crystalius » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:14 pm

Just want to let know that I've solved this simply by making plane in size as water, placed in the same Y position, reduced opacity so plane's invisible and made twinkles Emission really bright and with small effort I've achieved my goal. So not always necessary to go into other asset's shader code for some effects to add :)
Only one downside is that twinkles sometimes appear at the shore, where there is no water, but it's not very bad. Is there a way to remove this? If shore's color is the same everywhere, it might be possible to somehow filter them with some color code play or something like that?

Letting know so other people with similar problem might find it useful :)

Thanks!
Crystalius

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:01 pm

Can you share an image or gif/video of the undesirable effect?

We might be able to provide further insight on how to deal with it!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Crystalius » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:33 pm

Sure! It's not very bad, so if it requires a lot of time, drop it :)

I guess it would be something with checking if twinkle is above sand by color and then making twinkle invisible somehow.

Thanks

Video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a_Ryk ... P4rsWkk1sX
Ignore sand's twinkling, it's good :)
Crystalius

Return to Amplify Shader Editor