HDRP and cutout shader

Node-based Shader Editor

HDRP and cutout shader

Postby cAyou » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:20 am

Hi !
Still working with HDRP, I've tried to set my shader to use a transparency cutout, but it doesn't work.
Using the template is a bit confusing right now, it's not as simple as the standard settings and I don't know what to set/add to the template in order to activate the cutout effect.
Any ideas? Thanks :)

Unity 18.3b11, ASE 1.5.9 rev 00. with HDRP 4.1.0.
cAyou

Re: HDRP and cutout shader

Postby cAyou » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:07 am

Update: setting the RenderType to Transparent cutout, connecting the alpha with the A from the albedo, and adding a slider for the cutoff works...kinda.
I have weird result related with what's behind the cutout geometry. If there is any kind of geometry, the cutout won't work. It will only work when there is nothing behind, see the example with the image attached.

Thanks !
Attachments
cutout_issue.jpg
cutout_issue.jpg (243.79 KiB) Viewed 2204 times
cAyou

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:45 pm

Hello, thank you for taking the time to report this issue!

We've managed to replicate it on our side and have confirmed that it's related to our HDRP Template.
Our developer is currently working on a fix, which hopefully should land in the next build!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby cAyou » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:03 am

Amplify_Borba wrote:Hello, thank you for taking the time to report this issue!

We've managed to replicate it on our side and have confirmed that it's related to our HDRP Template.
Our developer is currently working on a fix, which hopefully should land in the next build!

You guys are the best, thank you !
cAyou

Postby cAyou » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:56 pm

I've updated both amplify and the HDRP to 4.2.0 and the alphaclip works ! Amazing thanks ! Just wanted to tell you HDRP 4.1.0 is not working anymore (compilation error on the shader itself).
cAyou

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:57 am

Unfortunately, this is expected since there were many changes updating our non-legacy templates from 4.1.0 to 4.2.0, as we don't have the resources to support retro-compatibility in our SRP templates.

We'll do our best to continue officially supporting the latest SRP for both Unity 2018.2 ( 3.3.0 ) and 2018.3 Beta ( 4.2.0 ) editors, and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for letting us know that 4.2.0 is working as expected, please feel free to get back in touch if you come across any further issues.
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby cAyou » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:47 pm

Yeah, I don't really mind, we know that the HDRP, and unity are still in beta (preview). So not supporting all the versions all the time is ok for me. I've posted a big thread talking about improvements of the tool (on the general part of the forum) but apart from that I found some other issues, but none critical so far.
cAyou

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:17 am

Thank you for understanding, please let us know if you come across any further issues!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor