Shader error when using UV sets above 4

Node-based Shader Editor

Shader error when using UV sets above 4

Postby yeahus » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:37 pm

When trying to use UV sets above 4, I'm getting the following error(s):

Shader error in 'TestShader': invalid subscript 'texcoord5' at line 237 (on d3d11)
Shader warning in 'TestShader': Output value 'vert' is not completely initialized at line 169 (on d3d11)

Any ideas?
yeahus

Re: Shader error when using UV sets above 4

Postby yeahus » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:06 pm

Update: when setting the UV directly on the Texture Sample node I get the error as mentioned above. When trying to set the UVs using the Texture Coordinates node I get a 'Standard Surface doesn't allow access to this channel' popup error. So there's clearly something going on - maybe UV5-8 are LWRP/HDRP only or something!
yeahus

Re: Shader error when using UV sets above 4

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:35 pm

Hello, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

At the time we added support for all 8 UV sets ( for Unity 2018.2 and above ), it was only available on vertex/frag ( templates ) and not on Surface Shaders, however, we've recently released an updated build in which Surface Shaders can now access all 8 UV sets.

Please ensure that you're on the latest version by downloading the current ASE build from our website, and let us know if this solves the issue.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor