Problem with point lights in custom light

Node-based Shader Editor

Problem with point lights in custom light

Postby deadlycrow1 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:21 am

Well, as the title says, there is a weird glitch when i put several objects in the scene, some of them start flickering black. i tried to debug the error, and it appears to be that when i calculate the light/shadows throught the "dot" node with the world normal and the world light direction node, it doesnt pick anything, unless i add a directional light. look:

and this is my node tree:

and this is what i get when i debug the light calculation without a directional light:

and with the directional light enabled (with black color):

how can i solve this?

after all, i'm trying to make a cartoon shader.
deadlycrow1

Re: Problem with point lights in custom light

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:25 am

Hello!

We've ran some tests and the light nodes seem to be working as expected, so the issue might be related to your current node setup and / or shader parameters. The example below is only using a spotlight, no directional light:

I'd recommend looking into the CustomLightingToon sample as an example of how to set up a custom lighting shader with a cartoony look, but don't hesitate let us know if you believe you've come across any ASE related issue, we'll be happy to help!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby deadlycrow1 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi! yes i found the problem, all start to flicker in black when you enable the outline (both, from the node and the shader itself), can you replicate this? it also happens with the toon examples, and try to add more objects.
deadlycrow1

Postby deadlycrow1 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:45 pm

hey can you help me??
deadlycrow1

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:46 am

We've ran another test with the previously shared shader example, with the addition of an Outline node, and were unable to replicate the issue:

Perhaps it could be related to your lighting settings?

Are you able to replicate the issue on a new, simple project?
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby deadlycrow1 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:10 pm

Amplify_Borba wrote:We've ran another test with the previously shared shader example, with the addition of an Outline node, and were unable to replicate the issue:

Perhaps it could be related to your lighting settings?

Are you able to replicate the issue on a new, simple project?

I've created another scene, with several more spheres, all static, recreated the shader you showed me, actually i created a new shader file. I'm using unity 2018.3.0f2

and the problem still happens:

also the node tree:

and i changed nothing from the default settings when you create a shader:

help me please :(
deadlycrow1

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:41 am

Unfortunately we can't seem to replicate this behavior on our side.
Are you running the latest ASE version available from our website?

If possible, please try to replicate it in a new project with just ASE imported, in order to ensure that the issue might not be related to your current project's settings.

Also, we're going to need you to share a simple sample project with the issue present so that we can debug it, since we've been unable to replicate it, apologies for the inconvenience.
Amplify_Borba

Postby deadlycrow1 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:20 pm

I'm using the last version on the assetstore at least,well, where can i send the sample project? and i will test it on a blank project and see how it goes. could it be that i updated the unity version of the project (from 2018.2 to 2018.3)?
deadlycrow1

Postby deadlycrow1 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:50 pm

Exactly the same happens in a blank project, look, oh, also i forgot to mention that it only happens in playmode:

but when i press play:

i have the project sample ready, where do i have to send it? should i just post it here?
deadlycrow1

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:32 pm

I can confirm that the issue is present while in play mode, as we've only tried to replicate it in the scene view, so thank you for providing that additional detail!

I'll escalate the issue to the developer for further investigation, we'll let you know as soon as we have any developments!
Amplify_Borba

Next

Return to Amplify Shader Editor