Need to be able to scroll variable selector

Your feedback is very important to us. We are listening.

Need to be able to scroll variable selector

Postby Wadewt » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:46 pm

I know this should never really come up under normal circumstances, but I have a very specific project at work at the moment and it requires a lot of local variables. I've run into an unusual problem as a result. I've run out of vertical space on my monitor and the list of registered local variables does not scroll, this makes it impossible to select certain variables. Fortunately I have two monitors at work and one is a larger resolution, so I just move the ASE window over to my other monitor and select the variable, however that one is going to run out of space soon, too. I also wish the variable selector could be sorted alphabetically.

Currently the only workaround I know of is to name a variable starting with an unused first letter (like Q, or something uncommon), that way when you press the letter it'll just get selected, once you have one 'get local var' with the right variable you can then just duplicate them and rename it to something useful.

Hopefully this would be an easy fix to make. Though ideally I never find myself in this situation again. :lol:
Wadewt

Re: Need to be able to scroll variable selector

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:27 pm

Hello, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

Although it's not currently possible to scroll, you may click on the vertical extremities in order to expose more elements from the list, please refer to the screenshot below.

Bar.jpg
Bar.jpg (10.56 KiB) Viewed 2804 times

Nevertheless, it's valuable feedback and we're going to register your request, I'll be sure to get back in touch once we implement a solution for this.

Let me know if you have any further question or issues, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Wadewt » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:53 pm

Thanks for the response. I think something must be wrong, my ASE has no arrows. :(

This is Unity 2017.3.0f3 Personal. I do use it on my second monitor, not sure if that'd make a difference?
Attachments
no arrows.jpg
no arrows.jpg (123.95 KiB) Viewed 2782 times
Wadewt

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:04 pm

We've tested on Unity 2017.3.0f3 with the latest ASE version and the issue is not present on our side, we assume it's an Unity related issue as this menu is simply issuing Unity calls that create a native Windows menu.

Hopefully we can make this menu scroll-able, I've registered your feedback and our developers will look into it as soon as possible, apologies for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to General Discussion