substance in ASE

Your feedback is very important to us. We are listening.

substance in ASE

Postby SJones » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:42 pm

So I'm new to ASE, have used different graph editors throughout the years and thus far like all the functions and features, one of the new one's is the substance integration.

So its a great integration and easy to use, however I have one request in addition to the current integration, the substance node generates the texture(s) from substance graphs, however they are all controlled with one UV co-ordinates, part of the design of my substance is that 2 textures that are generated and are blended together in ASE, but I want one of them to Pan

As the graph nodes translates them to texture samplers automatically you cant then plug them back into individual samplers to then control the UV's for each texture.

Is there anyway to have an option to flip them all to texture2D's so we can plug them into samplers, or have the option to have UV's for all generated textures.

At the moment the only way to control them individually is to have multiple substance nodes of the same substance and control the UV's of each substance node - this seems more expensive than it needs to be

Thanks
SJones

Re: substance in ASE

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:43 pm

SJones wrote:So I'm new to ASE, have used different graph editors throughout the years and thus far like all the functions and features, one of the new one's is the substance integration.

So its a great integration and easy to use, however I have one request in addition to the current integration, the substance node generates the texture(s) from substance graphs, however they are all controlled with one UV co-ordinates, part of the design of my substance is that 2 textures that are generated and are blended together in ASE, but I want one of them to Pan

As the graph nodes translates them to texture samplers automatically you cant then plug them back into individual samplers to then control the UV's for each texture.

Is there anyway to have an option to flip them all to texture2D's so we can plug them into samplers, or have the option to have UV's for all generated textures.

At the moment the only way to control them individually is to have multiple substance nodes of the same substance and control the UV's of each substance node - this seems more expensive than it needs to be

Thanks

Hey there, great to have you on board!

I'm afraid that's not possible with shaders, there's no way to combine them back to Texture Sample nodes, you'll have to apply your transforms beforehand.

Instead of dragging the Substance directly into the Canvas, you can actually use the generated textures as you would any other. With this method you can reference an existing texture and apply different UV values even though it's only sampled once.

Hope it helps!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to General Discussion