Incrementing a value at run time w/o depending on deltatime

Your feedback is very important to us. We are listening.

Incrementing a value at run time w/o depending on deltatime

Postby jaysadasao » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:32 pm

I want to use the Burn Dissolve shader in order to make a character dissapear, so I want to increment the Dissolve Amount value in runtime.

However the only way I could find to do it is connected to the time since level load, and if I use the time since level load an object will simply vanish automatically if I apply the shader to it a long time after the scene is loaded. Or if I want to instantiate an object mid game using the dissolve burn shader it will already be created transparent.

Here's a snippet of what I am doing right now - https://imgur.com/a/xY6hY

So I'd like to know how can I implement a sort of counter based on time (*not* time since level load) which I can use to apply this effect.

Hope I made myself clear.
jaysadasao

Re: Incrementing a value at run time w/o depending on deltat

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:28 am

jaysadasao wrote:I want to use the Burn Dissolve shader in order to make a character dissapear, so I want to increment the Dissolve Amount value in runtime.

However the only way I could find to do it is connected to the time since level load, and if I use the time since level load an object will simply vanish automatically if I apply the shader to it a long time after the scene is loaded. Or if I want to instantiate an object mid game using the dissolve burn shader it will already be created transparent.

Here's a snippet of what I am doing right now - https://imgur.com/a/xY6hY

So I'd like to know how can I implement a sort of counter based on time (*not* time since level load) which I can use to apply this effect.

Hope I made myself clear.

Hello Jay,

Thank you for getting in touch. Our apologies for not replying to you here, we did not receive any forum notifications - I will look into it immediately.

I believe your request was solved via email, be sure to let us know if you need any additional support.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:33 am

jaysadasao wrote:Here's a snippet of what I am doing right now - https://imgur.com/a/xY6hY

On an unrelated note - Are you using some kind of UI Skin override? The Node text is supposed to be white.
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby tapsteady » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:59 pm

Can you please post that email fix here? :D
tapsteady

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:14 am

Hey there!

Just so I don't post the same answer twice, I'm linking to your other post we're I've replied with the solution for this question: Start time from zero / Storing StartTime
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Amplify_Borba

Return to General Discussion