Unlit Shader/Material Previews

Your feedback is very important to us. We are listening.

Unlit Shader/Material Previews

Postby tonycoculuzzi » Fri May 18, 2018 9:56 pm

Hey all,

One thing that I thought was great about Shader Forge was that you could easily modify the material preview mode. It allows you to use the default Unity preview modes (mesh, plane, etc) but also included the ability to preview a material as an unlit plane, or a flat unlit image stretched to the preview bounds, etc.

Is there any way to force Amplify Shader Editor materials to use an unlit plane in the preview?

Here's an example of what I mean:
tonycoculuzzi

Re: Unlit Shader/Material Previews

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Sun May 20, 2018 2:34 pm

tonycoculuzzi wrote:Hey all,

One thing that I thought was great about Shader Forge was that you could easily modify the material preview mode. It allows you to use the default Unity preview modes (mesh, plane, etc) but also included the ability to preview a material as an unlit plane, or a flat unlit image stretched to the preview bounds, etc.

Is there any way to force Amplify Shader Editor materials to use an unlit plane in the preview?

Here's an example of what I mean:

Hello,

Thank you for using ASE!

Unfortunately, I don't think that we have control over Unity Material Previews but I'll double check with the developers. The SF alternative is useful but scene previews are far more accurate in certain situations; in any case, we do plan to add our own preview option in the future.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby tonycoculuzzi » Wed May 23, 2018 5:48 am

All good! I guess I should suggest an unlit-plane preview mode on the Unity forums haha. Cheers!
tonycoculuzzi

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Wed May 23, 2018 9:50 am

Hopefully we can add something along those lines soon.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to General Discussion