AmplifyShaderEditor XRay

Your feedback is very important to us. We are listening.

AmplifyShaderEditor XRay

Postby roger19921212 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:38 am

Hello,My English isn't very good, please don't mind
How do I make two "XRayMaterial"Ojb do not interact:?:
Attachments
1530257508938.jpg
1530257508938.jpg (120 KiB) Viewed 6838 times
roger19921212

Re: AmplifyShaderEditor XRay

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:21 am

Hello, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

Unfortunately, this sample was not built with that particular situation in mind, and our Outline implementation does not support it as is.

Would you be able to share additional information regarding the effect you wish to create, so that we may best help you?

Thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby roger19921212 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:11 pm

Thank you for the time and patience you devoted to reading my messages.
I want other players to show X-rays behind the wall, but not between the player and the player,thank! :?
Attachments
1530273831734.jpg
1530273831734.jpg (95.44 KiB) Viewed 6822 times
roger19921212

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:46 pm

No problem, we're always happy to help!

In the current example, if both materials with the X-Ray shader do not clip through each other, they won't be casting the effect, as we can see on your screenshot and on the one I'm sharing below.

Apologies if I'm not understanding correctly but, isn't this what you were looking for?

Or do you want the effect to not intersect when both are behind the wall, for example?
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby roger19921212 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:26 pm

when two models overlap each other, the overlapping place will become xray effect(image1).
It's not my expectation.
i just want it become xray effect when it was saw through the wall(image2).
Attachments
1530454823474.jpg
image1
1530454823474.jpg (91.84 KiB) Viewed 6798 times
1530454960057.jpg
image2
1530454960057.jpg (86.03 KiB) Viewed 6798 times
roger19921212

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:04 am

Thank you for providing additional details.

As I've previously stated, this sample was not built with that particular situation in mind, however, we're going to investigate if there's any way to achieve this effect within our sample or if a custom solution would be required.

I'll be sure to get back to you when we have any developments regarding this situation.
Amplify_Borba

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:35 pm

Hello!

We've performed some changes to the XRay sample in order to allow for the effect that you've requested.

Here's a package that contains updated shaders, together with materials and sample scene:

XrayWithIntersections.unitypackage
(16.07 KiB) Downloaded 631 times

Do note that there is now a dependency between both shaders, as we've set a MAINPASS in the BehindTheWall shader that is accessed and used as a Additional Use Pass by the XRayWithIntersections shader.

Also, before importing the package, please update to the latest ASE version that is currently available for download through our website.

Please let me know if this helps, thanks!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Kathar » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:09 pm

Sorry for the bump! Just been working on implementing XRay effects for my game and stumbled across this. It's really good and works perfectly in the sample scene, but unfortunately as I'm using deferred rendering in my game, as soon as I try and implement it the XRay effect just fails to work - just toggling the rendering back and forth from forward to deferred instantly makes it stop/start working. Is there any way to get this to work with deferred rendering? The original XRay shader I was able to use in deferred, but not this one, and can't quite figure out why. Thanks in advance for any help!
Kathar

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:14 pm

Kathar wrote:Sorry for the bump! Just been working on implementing XRay effects for my game and stumbled across this. It's really good and works perfectly in the sample scene, but unfortunately as I'm using deferred rendering in my game, as soon as I try and implement it the XRay effect just fails to work - just toggling the rendering back and forth from forward to deferred instantly makes it stop/start working. Is there any way to get this to work with deferred rendering? The original XRay shader I was able to use in deferred, but not this one, and can't quite figure out why. Thanks in advance for any help!

Hey there, no problem!

I'm afraid the technique used is not ideal for Deferred rendering given the use of Transparency.

An image effect based solution might be ideal for your requirements.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Kathar » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:25 pm

Ricardo Teixeira wrote:
Kathar wrote:Sorry for the bump! Just been working on implementing XRay effects for my game and stumbled across this. It's really good and works perfectly in the sample scene, but unfortunately as I'm using deferred rendering in my game, as soon as I try and implement it the XRay effect just fails to work - just toggling the rendering back and forth from forward to deferred instantly makes it stop/start working. Is there any way to get this to work with deferred rendering? The original XRay shader I was able to use in deferred, but not this one, and can't quite figure out why. Thanks in advance for any help!

Hey there, no problem!

I'm afraid the technique used is not ideal for Deferred rendering given the use of Transparency.

An image effect based solution might be ideal for your requirements.

Thanks!

Perfect, thanks so much for the quick reply! I'll look into using these, cheers!
Kathar

Return to General Discussion