Render queue resetting

Your feedback is very important to us. We are listening.

Render queue resetting

Postby Petey » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:35 am

G'day,

I've been exploring stencil buffers a bit and i noticed something that was tripping me up a bit. It seems that if you make any changes to the render queue, they get reset when you modify that shader in Amplify.
Is there a way to stop that? Or maybe make it a parameter that can be exposed from the shader?

Thanks,
Pete
Petey

Re: Render queue resetting

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:00 pm

Petey wrote:G'day,

I've been exploring stencil buffers a bit and i noticed something that was tripping me up a bit. It seems that if you make any changes to the render queue, they get reset when you modify that shader in Amplify.
Is there a way to stop that? Or maybe make it a parameter that can be exposed from the shader?

Thanks,
Pete

Hello,

Do you mean changes made in code?

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Petey » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:53 pm

Hiya, no it doesn't change the code at all it just resets any changes you have made on the inspector of the material and it only happens when you are editing in material mode.
I found a nice fix though and that was to set the queue directly in the shader so it kinda locks it in.
Petey

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:37 am

Hey there!

When you are editing in material mode, it seems to be an expected behavior from Unity that the material inspector values are overridden by the Output node's parameters, including the Render Queue and its Queue Index adjustment.

Nevertheless, we're still going to take a look on how Unity handles the inspector change internally, just to be sure, and we will get back to you on this, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Hello!

We've added a fix on the latest build, 1.5.4_dev04, which prevents ASE from overriding the inspector's Render Queue setting when it's set to any option other than 'From Shader'.

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Amplify_Borba

Return to General Discussion