Amplify fixes a Unity bug, but how?

Your feedback is very important to us. We are listening.

Amplify fixes a Unity bug, but how?

Postby MrBinaryCats » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:38 am

Hello,

Currently (since 2018.1) unity has had a bug with the preview inspector which causes metallic objects to reflect black
(this has been reported to unity and a fix will be available in a later version
https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues ... iew-window )

However opening and closing Amplify canvas fixes this issue... somehow

The only difference between the first and second image is i have opened the AmplifyCanvas, and closed it again, then clicked on the preview

I am currently making an editor which previews objects and its a pretty serious issue with metalic objects not reflecting correctly (i.e. doesnt reflect the skybox). By any chance do you know how opening/closing the canvas would fix this issue, so i could recreate this fix for my editor?

Thanks
BC
MrBinaryCats

Re: Amplify fixes a Unity bug, but how?

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:02 am

Hello!

That is a truly interesting find, one that we were not aware of, honestly!

We use our own material inspector, which you can check out by editing the CustomMaterialInspector.cs file, that allows for custom meshes in the previews, so it's possible that something we've added or changed might have corrected that reflection issue, however, it was unintentional if that's the case.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, and thank you for bringing this up!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby MrBinaryCats » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:19 am

Thanks for the reply, I assume it will be something that is done on clean-up of the editor when it is closed that triggers unity to display the metallic correctly.

I will checkout CustomMaterialInspector to see if there is anything in there that looks like it might solve the issue :)
MrBinaryCats

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:27 am

No problem, let me know if you have any further questions, I'll be happy to help!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to General Discussion