Imposter Feedback

Your feedback is very important to us. We are listening.

Imposter Feedback

Postby KevinVFX » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:19 pm

First off, the imposter plugin is brilliant. Works great to keep perceived while being well optimized.

In the forward pass, I would recommend adding alpha to coverage with sharpening. I added it to the shader on my end and it certainly helps with aliasing when I'm using MSAA. You don't really need it for a deferred setup because of post AA, but it helps a lot with a forward based target like VR.

https://medium.com/@bgolus/anti-aliased ... 177335ae4f

I think it would also be helpful to have more shape configurations (perhaps custom shapes) to optimize texture space more. For instance, a planar projection for impassable hallways, or semi cylindrical for objects that you would never see the top of, etc. That way you don't render and store texture information that would never be seen or used.

Thanks for you time and such great plugins!
KevinVFX

Re: Imposter Feedback

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:22 am

Hello Kevin, thank you so much for your kind words!

I'll be registering your suggestions and passing them to our developer for further consideration, we really appreciate all feedback, it will undoubtedly help us make Amplify Impostors an even better tool.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have any further feedback or if you come across any issues, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to General Discussion