Planar Reflections

Your feedback is very important to us. We are listening.

Planar Reflections

Postby sethhall » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:03 am

Hello,

Is there any type of breakdown on how one could author planar reflections with an amplify shader? I know this is a bit of a loaded question as it requires some c# scripts. I've found some useful planar reflection assets in the unity store (specifically the PIDI Planar Reflections). However since I'm using my own custom shader via Amplify, trying to translate some of their shaderlab components isn't very trivial (at least not for me).

Has anyone in the community setup Planar Reflections (for mobile?) using Amplify?

Thanks,

Seth
sethhall

Re: Planar Reflections

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:42 am

Hello Seth, unfortunately we don't have any specific sample for this specific effect, as it can be quite complex setting it up for displaying reflections correctly by only using nodes, meaning that you're likely to have to resort to additional scripting, as you've mentioned.

You may still want to look into our Water, Refracted Shadows and Reflect Refracted Soap Bubble samples, and I would strongly recommend that you check out this Mirror Reflection Shader example, or Unity's Screen Space Reflection as an alternate and quick solution.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby sethhall » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:59 pm

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately our game is forward lit and cannot take advantage of SSR. I will continue investigating, thank you for the response.

Seth
sethhall

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:15 pm

sethhall wrote:Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately our game is forward lit and cannot take advantage of SSR. I will continue investigating, thank you for the response.

Seth

No problem, happy to help.
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to General Discussion