HDRP shadow error

Your feedback is very important to us. We are listening.

HDRP shadow error

Postby sannyasi » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:10 am

I'm using
-unity 2018.2.8f1
-cscape 0.9.5.4
-hdrp 3.0.0
-amplify shader editor 1.5.6

And I'm getting some strange shadow clipping issues when using cascades.

The shader that came with cscape was made in amplify, so I've updated it to hdrp, and noticed the issue.
I've also tried making my own barebones shader and tried the example shader for SRP that comes with amplify, and they too have the same problem. This bug still happens on a standard cube, and goes away on the cscape geometry when using the HDRP/Lit shader. So it does not seem to have anything to do with cscape, and I'm left believing amplify simply is not working with HDRP.

Shadows from amplify (and only amplify) completely disappear (within just the first cascade). Notice the issue is gone on the right side of the image when you zoom out past cascade 0
Any ideas, or eta on a fix for this?
Thanks.
shadowClipping.jpg
shadowClipping.jpg (141.83 KiB) Viewed 2523 times
sannyasi

Re: HDRP shadow error

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:45 am

Hello, thank you for getting in touch and for taking the time to report this issue!

I'll be sure to pass this information along to the developer for further investigation, however, if you could share a sample with the issue present through [email protected] it would be extremely helpful, as it will speed up the debug process.

In any case, we'll be sure to let you know as soon as we have any developments!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Re: HDRP shadow error

Postby sannyasi » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:24 pm

For the sake of anyone else that may run into this...

Your new build (1.5.6.003 available http://amplify.pt/download/) seems to have fixed the issue.. thank you for the quick work!
sannyasi

Return to General Discussion