Per vertex deformation

Your feedback is very important to us. We are listening.

Per vertex deformation

Postby francois85 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:27 pm

Hello,

Im new to amplify shader and was wondering if someone could help me out. Basically I have a sphere with some vert randomly offset alone the normals, forming spikes like a mase ball. Now when i use tri planar projection I get really bad stretching on those faces, so I wont to deform my mesh back to a perfect sphere then do my tri planar and lastly add my spikes back. Is there a way to set per vertex position in the shader ?

Thanks so much
francois85

Re: Per vertex deformation

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:33 pm

Hey there,

Can you give as an example or a sample?

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby francois85 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:21 pm

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for your reply. Thinking about this problem again I seems like a hack for what I what to achieve. Maybe I can describe to you what Im trying to do and you can direct me down the correct path.

Basically I have a round little planet that I need to texture. The planet has several biodomes that need different textures blending together. Every vertex is the center of an area/tile I want to texture (see colorful hex image). The mesh is build on top of a structure/grid that is used for querying data eg I store what biodome each vertex is( see image with gl dots) although I have no idea how to provide the shader this information.

I was trying to make each biodome (20 max) a slightly different height and then blend/sample my texture based on distance from origin.

So with that explanation, Im trying to create a shader that can:
1) blend many many textures in a texture array using distance from origin or idealy looking up my data base.
2) triplanar projection
3) support albedo, ambient-occlusion, heigh map (parallax), normal and roughness map.

I started this in Unity's shadergraph and got somewhere close but then realized Im going to need something more indeph so I got amplify. (see image with texture)

Please Please any help would be appreciated im banning my head here.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 7.13.18 AM copy.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 7.13.18 AM copy.png (243.88 KiB) Viewed 3058 times
francois85

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:59 pm

francois85 wrote:Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for your reply. Thinking about this problem again I seems like a hack for what I what to achieve. Maybe I can describe to you what Im trying to do and you can direct me down the correct path.

Basically I have a round little planet that I need to texture. The planet has several biodomes that need different textures blending together. Every vertex is the center of an area/tile I want to texture (see colorful hex image). The mesh is build on top of a structure/grid that is used for querying data eg I store what biodome each vertex is( see image with gl dots) although I have no idea how to provide the shader this information.

I was trying to make each biodome (20 max) a slightly different height and then blend/sample my texture based on distance from origin.

So with that explanation, Im trying to create a shader that can:
1) blend many many textures in a texture array using distance from origin or idealy looking up my data base.
2) triplanar projection
3) support albedo, ambient-occlusion, heigh map (parallax), normal and roughness map.

I started this in Unity's shadergraph and got somewhere close but then realized Im going to need something more indeph so I got amplify. (see image with texture)

Please Please any help would be appreciated im banning my head here.

Greetings,

I should point out this forum is aimed primarily at technical support.

1. This sounds like it might be beyond the scope of our editor, you might need some additional scripting.
2. I assume the Triplanar nodes would work but if not we include an example on how to do it manually.
3. How can we assist regarding this specific point?

Apologies for the vague reply but I'm not sure that I have much to contribute based on the provided information. Let us know if you have any additional specific questions, perhaps we can elaborate.

Thanks!
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby francois85 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:08 am

Got it, thanks again for the reply
francois85

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:17 pm

francois85 wrote:Got it, thanks again for the reply

No problem, hope you find a way.
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to General Discussion