Normal Reconstruction

Your feedback is very important to us. We are listening.

Normal Reconstruction

Postby Fikoljuky » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:05 am

Hello, I'm working on a water shader. I tried to reconstruct the normals but I wasn't able to do it using the provided example. Could You help me out?

Here is the link to the shader:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LOF1R8 ... sp=sharing

Btw it has 10Mb and I wasn't able to upload it as an attachment here for some reason.
Fikoljuky

Re: Normal Reconstruction

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:08 pm

Fikoljuky wrote:Hello, I'm working on a water shader. I tried to reconstruct the normals but I wasn't able to do it using the provided example. Could You help me out?

Here is the link to the shader:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LOF1R8 ... sp=sharing

Btw it has 10Mb and I wasn't able to upload it as an attachment here for some reason.

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Can you provide some additional information on the actual issue, Unity and ASE version used? It would really help so that we can best report to the ASE developers, it's all added to your support ticket.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Fikoljuky » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:50 am

The Unity version is 2018.2.9f1 and I'm using the latest version of Amplify. The problem is with normal reconstruction. I'm having issues with reconstructing the normals on the water shader that I linked you. Could you provide me with an example on how to reconstruct the normal on a surface like the one I sent you?
Fikoljuky

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:34 pm

Fikoljuky wrote:The Unity version is 2018.2.9f1 and I'm using the latest version of Amplify. The problem is with normal reconstruction. I'm having issues with reconstructing the normals on the water shader that I linked you. Could you provide me with an example on how to reconstruct the normal on a surface like the one I sent you?

Our apologies but we're a bit overloaded at the moment, we don't usually provide custom development support.

Are there any specific issues you encountered? What seems to be causing the problem on your shader, or in other words what should we look for? This would definitely speedup things as we could best describe your issue to the ASE developers.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to General Discussion