Light Nodes doesn't work on HDRP?

Your feedback is very important to us. We are listening.

Light Nodes doesn't work on HDRP?

Postby Linekan » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:56 pm

Hi!

I'm working with shaders based on light.
So, i have this error when i use the nodes Light Color, World Space Light Dir, etc.

Shader error in 'Test': failed to open source file: 'HDRP/Lighting/LightDefinition.cs.hlsl' at line 119 (on d3d11)

I'm using Unity 2018.3.0b11.
HDRP Version: 4.2.0.

But also tried the version 3.0.0 but still doesn't work with different message:
Shader error in 'Hidden/Templates/HDSRPPBR': 'GetDirectionalShadowAttenuation': ambiguous function call at /Users/Linekan/Desktop/Test/Library/PackageCache/[email protected]/HDRP/Lighting/LightLoop/Shadow.hlsl(65) (on d3d11)

And i change the HDSRPTemplates to legacy when it was necessary.

My Questions:
- Is there something I'm doing wrong?
- In case there is no support currently with this nodes, in the future there will be?
- And I would like to know which is the most current version of Unity that supports most of the nodes in ASE and if possible with support for HDRP.

Thanks!
Linekan

Re: Light Nodes doesn't work on HDRP?

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Hello, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

Our SRP Templates support light nodes that are not specific for the Custom Lighting model of the Standard Surface shader ( Indirect Diffuse / Specular Light ). We've had some issues with the World Space Light Dir node that were fixed in a recent build, which has been made available for download through our website, and currently supports SRP 4.6.0.

This version hasn't hit the Asset Store yet, so I recommend that you download through the above link, update to the latest SRP ( 4.6.0 ) and then unpack the new non-legacy templates. Do note that we do not support SRP versions other than the latest 4.6.0 and the legacy 3.0.0.

We've ran some tests with the latest 2018.3.0f2 and everything seems to be working as expected, but please let us know if you come across any issues, we'll be happy to assist!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to General Discussion