Amplifying your potential.

What Are You Working On?

Show us some of your best work and get featured.
13 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

What Are You Working On?

Postby chrisis » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi everybody! I just thought it would be cool to have our own WAWYO thread like in other forums. So we can post screenshots and snippets of stuff done with amplify without making separate threads.

Anyway I'll start with some of the progress made with Amplify Texture 2:

Totally happy with the frame rate so far :)
chrisis

Re: What Are You Working On?

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:19 pm

Awesome! Looking forward to the final scene.

Great idea, we will turn this thread into a sticky.
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby cochtl » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:53 pm

Heyo everyone. I rarely post here, mostly asking for little things here and there but I wanted to show a few screens of our game's progress.

So far everything in the game has been modeled/unwrapped/ and had their normals baked with ao and cavity maps generated with substance used to quickly add in a 'detail' pass of sorts. Painting out diffuse and spec textures takes time and that process is def further down the road. All that being said, we are using AT to create a very unique and not totally tiled looking world. Ironically enough AT has allowed us to be a bit uhm, not as efficient in terms of asset creation since a lot of elements are unique, placed into the world and then chopped up and reused for other elements in the game. Coming from a AAA game dev background it's been pretty cool to go against some established world building rules for games.

The Orb [our game] is a long way out and these screens barely scratch the surface of what we have done with AT so stay tuned! Also the images are being cut so you'll have to view them individually.

cochtl

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:39 pm

Amazing work, we love the art style. That’s a great example of what can be done with Amplify Texture 2, we can't wait to see more of The Orb.

In some projects where re-usability is key having large unique assets might indeed be an issue. Although we already provide some traditional features for tiling and Virtual Texture/Material re-usability, we will continue to work on making AT2 flexible and compatible with more traditional techniques.

Feel free to get in touch directly via email for specific requests.

Keep up the great work!

Regarding the forum issue, something might have reset some phpBB settings regarding auto-image size. We will get it sorted first thing next week.
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby chrisis » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Cochtl, looks amazing so far! Keep it up!

We're using AT in a very similar way in an effort to get a unique look and minimize tiling. While it does not seem very efficient as it does not allow for art-recycling throughout a level, imo unity is not efficient when there are many game objects to begin with.One thing you can try with AT is combining 3d models into bigger assets and letting occlusion culling do its stuff. :)
chrisis

Postby Withath » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:22 am

I am full of admiration at the effects that have obtained :)
Withath

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:44 am

Keep it up folks, great stuff!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby JeyDia » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:45 pm

Hi everyone, first post here ! :D

I will start with my game which using the plugin Amplify Motion, it will be released on steam soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbEOT1MqiJ4
JeyDia

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:00 pm

JeyDia wrote:Hi everyone, first post here ! :D

I will start with my game which using the plugin Amplify Motion, it will be released on steam soon.

Congratulations, it looks great! Do you have an approximate release date? We would love to help promote it when it's out.
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby JeyDia » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:32 pm

Ricardo Teixeira wrote:
JeyDia wrote:Hi everyone, first post here ! :D

Congratulations, it looks great! Do you have an approximate release date? We would love to help promote it when it's out.

Thank you, for the moment we just know that it will be released this years :?
JeyDia

Next

13 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

Return to Project Showcase