Property Name/Variable Name. . .

Your feedback is very important to us. We are listening.

Property Name/Variable Name. . .

Postby Arturo SR » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:10 pm

Hello and good day, I bought you tool (ASE) and notice that you use the same method that others use: _MyName ("My Name"), could be possible to set the property name differently from the inspector name?, I comment this based on the ui visual concept (property name - inspector name, e.g.: _MaintTex (Base (RGB) Trans (A))), could be necessary could be not but that depends from who is using it, and one more thing, what about passes?, I really don't know if it's useful or not (I'm actually learning shader programming), but, reading the unity documentation notice that could be useful in some cases; This could be implemented in near future?, for your time thanks, cheers.
Arturo SR

Re: Property Name/Variable Name. . .

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:56 pm

Arturo SR wrote:Hello and good day, I bought you tool (ASE) and notice that you use the same method that others use: _MyName ("My Name"), could be possible to set the property name differently from the inspector name?, I comment this based on the ui visual concept (property name - inspector name, e.g.: _MaintTex (Base (RGB) Trans (A))), could be necessary could be not but that depends from who is using it, and one more thing, what about passes?, I really don't know if it's useful or not (I'm actually learning shader programming), but, reading the unity documentation notice that could be useful in some cases; This could be implemented in near future?, for your time thanks, cheers.

Hello Arturo,

Thank you for using ASE, we really appreciate the support. Multi-pass support is on our roadmap, it should be available in the near future. I should also be possible to change property names soon, definitely on our list.

Be sure to let us know if you have any additional suggestions or shader related questions, feedback is very welcome!

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to General Discussion