The primary reference could not be resolved

Your feedback is very important to us. We are listening.

The primary reference could not be resolved

Postby Alexey » Tue May 30, 2017 1:14 pm

Hello!

I switched to Unity 5.6.1f1. When I build simplest solution with AT2 I get next warnings:

The primary reference "UnityEngine.TestRunner" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the framework assembly "System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. ".NETFramework,Version=v3.5,Profile=Unity Subset v3.5". To resolve this problem, either remove the reference "UnityEngine.TestRunner" or retarget your application to a framework version which contains "System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a".

and error

The type or namespace name 'AmplifyTextureCameraBase' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Player started and build started too. But so I can't debug my scripts because code doesn't compile in VS.
How can I fix it?
Alexey

Re: The primary reference could not be resolved

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Tue May 30, 2017 1:22 pm

Alexey wrote:Hello!

I switched to Unity 5.6.1f1. When I build simplest solution with AT2 I get next warnings:

The primary reference "UnityEngine.TestRunner" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the framework assembly "System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. ".NETFramework,Version=v3.5,Profile=Unity Subset v3.5". To resolve this problem, either remove the reference "UnityEngine.TestRunner" or retarget your application to a framework version which contains "System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a".

and error

The type or namespace name 'AmplifyTextureCameraBase' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Player started and build started too. But so I can't debug my scripts because code doesn't compile in VS.
How can I fix it?

Hello,

Thank you for reporting it. Does re-importing the latest package help correct the issue? Unfortunately, we have not come across that problem before.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Alexey » Tue May 30, 2017 2:03 pm

Does re-importing the latest package help correct the issue?

No, it does not.
Now I am trying to download Unity 5.6.0f3 to make sure this problem will disappear.
I will keep you in touch.
Alexey

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Tue May 30, 2017 2:34 pm

Alexey wrote:
Does re-importing the latest package help correct the issue?

No, it does not.
Now I am trying to download Unity 5.6.0f3 to make sure this problem will disappear.
I will keep you in touch.

Thank you for letting us know. That's very odd, I just tested it and found no errors on our side.

Do you mean that the problem is only present with the Unity Test Runner? Please elaborate, we never tested AT with that specific Unity feature.

What's your target platform?

Thanks!
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Alexey » Wed May 31, 2017 8:16 am

It's done.

When I reimport AT2 package in Unity 5.6.1 solution doesn't compile after that.
When I do that in Unity 5.6.0 it's OK.

I'm going to use 5.6.0 version of Unity until next release of AT2 will be deployed.

Target platform is Win.
Alexey

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Wed May 31, 2017 11:32 am

Alexey wrote:It's done.
When I reimport AT2 package in Unity 5.6.1 solution doesn't compile after that.
When I do that in Unity 5.6.0 it's OK.
I'm going to use 5.6.0 version of Unity until next release of AT2 will be deployed.

Target platform is Win.

Hello Alexey,

Can you provide a sample? Are you using Test Runner for any specific purpose? Unfortunately, we have no way of replicating the issue on our side without additional information.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Alexey » Wed May 31, 2017 12:41 pm

You can use sample I sent via WeTransfer. I reproduced this problem with it. We don't use TestRunner. I don't know why that warning appears.
Alexey

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Wed May 31, 2017 12:59 pm

Alexey wrote:You can use sample I sent via WeTransfer. I reproduced this problem with it. We don't use TestRunner. I don't know why that warning appears.

That sounds great. What are the exact steps that we should take to replicate the problem?
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Alexey » Wed May 31, 2017 1:42 pm

What are the exact steps that we should take to replicate the problem?

1) Open sample in Unity 5.6.1f1
2) Assets -> Open C# Project
3) In VS: Build -> Rebuild Solution

Behaviour:

In Output console this text appears:

Press F5 to attach debugger to Unity Editor and dialog "There are build errors" appears.

Expected Behaviour:

There are no compilation errors and debugger attached successful.
Alexey

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Wed May 31, 2017 4:06 pm

Alexey wrote:
What are the exact steps that we should take to replicate the problem?

1) Open sample in Unity 5.6.1f1
2) Assets -> Open C# Project
3) In VS: Build -> Rebuild Solution

Behaviour:

In Output console this text appears:

Press F5 to attach debugger to Unity Editor and dialog "There are build errors" appears.

Expected Behaviour:

There are no compilation errors and debugger attached successful.

Thank you for elaborating. For the trial version, you will have to reference the dll manually. This is not a problem in the full version since we do not compile it to a dll, source is included.

Let us know if the information above helps.
Ricardo Teixeira

Next

Return to General Discussion