AmplifyBloom not officially supported by Vulkan

Your feedback is very important to us. We are listening.

AmplifyBloom not officially supported by Vulkan

Postby Basilisk » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:58 am

So I have my Unity game running fine on Windows with DX11 @ 60-80 fps. When I switched to Vulkan API my framerate dropped to the mid 40s. I started toggling effects, and when I toggled AmplifyBloom I saw the biggest improvement.

I know Vulkan in Unity is still considered "experimental", but I think you guys should look at your code and see if there is anything happening that might be causing more work for the Vulkan driver over the DX11 driver.
Basilisk

Re: AmplifyBloom under Vulkan is SLOW

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:19 pm

Basilisk wrote:So I have my Unity game running fine on Windows with DX11 @ 60-80 fps. When I switched to Vulkan API my framerate dropped to the mid 40s. I started toggling effects, and when I toggled AmplifyBloom I saw the biggest improvement.
I know Vulkan in Unity is still considered "experimental", but I think you guys should look at your code and see if there is anything happening that might be causing more work for the Vulkan driver over the DX11 driver.

Hello,

Thank you for the heads up, we will definitely look into adding Vulkan support to all our products soon. Apologies for the inconvenience, we will keep you posted on any related updates.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to General Discussion