VertexAnimationTextures

Your feedback is very important to us. We are listening.

VertexAnimationTextures

Postby GDoll » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:20 am

Hi,

I'm curious if something like Custom UV's are supported in ASE.
I would like to rebuild a vertex animation shader form Unreal.
Here is a link to the initial code (Unity shader) -

https://github.com/sideeffects/GameDeve ... ty/shaders

Thank you for your time !

Regards,
Gero
GDoll

Re: VertexAnimationTextures

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:20 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your interest, we really appreciate it. Customized uvs are not currently available, it's definitely something that we would like to support in the near future.

We will keep you posted.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby GDoll » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:57 am

You are welcome! ASE looks really promising ! Thank you for the info
Reading in baked out UV data from a third party program, would be great to have that supported in the ASE shader. It's a very “light weight “ method of getting simulation / Animation data into Unity. I'm looking forward to future updates. :D
GDoll

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:45 am

GDoll wrote:You are welcome! ASE looks really promising ! Thank you for the info
Reading in baked out UV data from a third party program, would be great to have that supported in the ASE shader. It's a very “light weight “ method of getting simulation / Animation data into Unity. I'm looking forward to future updates. :D

Thanks! We will keep you posted on any related developments, we have some major features planed for ASE.

We will post more soon!
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby GDoll » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:13 pm

Thank you!
GDoll

Postby GDoll » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:28 am

Hi, is it possible to rebuild this shader in ASE? http://imgur.com/a/sSgcA
GDoll

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:48 am

GDoll wrote:Hi, is it possible to rebuild this shader in ASE? http://imgur.com/a/sSgcA

Hello,

At first glance it seems possible but you might have to create a few additional nodes/functions in order to replicate the shader. Specific nodes like Actor Position or Use Color Ramp (Material Function I presume) will have to be constructed differently.

Check the Smear sample for additional information on how to pass custom values to your shader. (Actor Position)

Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Thanks!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby GDoll » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:58 pm

Hi,

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback! Now I've noticed that this shader requires 3 Custom UV inputs and Tangent space Normals off. Is there any way I can replicate this in ASE? I had had look at the smear function, however I'm not quite sure how to do this, since it should resemble animated cloth :) http://imgur.com/a/2dROh

Thank you !

Best,
gero
GDoll

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:08 pm

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback! Now I've noticed that this shader requires 3 Custom UV inputs and Tangent space Normals off. Is there any way I can replicate this in ASE?

Apologies for the inconvenience but, as we mentioned earlier, customized uvs are not currently available. It's definitely something that we would like to support in the near future but not readily available in Unity/ASE. Disabling Tangent space Normals where exactly?

I had had look at the smear function, however I'm not quite sure how to do this, since it should resemble animated cloth :)

We mentioned the Smear Sample only as a reference on how to pass custom values to your shader. (Global Variables Fed By Script on the far left side of the shader and accompanying script)

Let us know if you can share the Unreal sample, I can't guarantee it but we might be able to examine it.

Thanks!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby GDoll » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:53 pm

I apologies for the disruption with this particular request. However, I would like to get these effects working with a node based shader editor like ASE/Unity. For now you can download the Shader / Material Assets created by SideFX for GDC. Here is a https://github.com/Limbicnation/VertexAnimationTextures to the repository.

I would appreciate if you can take a look at the shaders to examine if some of these animations can be achieved with ASE.

Thank you very much!
GDoll

Next

Return to General Discussion