Time Parameters can't see output

Node-based Shader Editor

Time Parameters can't see output

Postby oms064 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:12 pm

Hello.
I recently bought this asset for Unity.
I can't use the output for TimeParameters like one of the examples, I have even copied and cloned the one in the example and I get the one without the output. Maybe I have to enable it somehow but I can't find how.
Attachments
Captura.PNG
Captura.PNG (91.94 KiB) Viewed 892 times
oms064

Re: Time Parameters can't see output

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Hello oms64, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

Apologies for the inconvenience, the Time Parameters node with that additional output is the old version of the Time Parameters node, which has not been fully removed as to not break any shaders that have been built using it.

We have decided to remove that output because it isn't the intended way of using this node, since any of the time parameters single float values are the most commonly used method for accessing Unity's internal elapsed time in seconds.

You may achieve the same distortion effect without making use that output by lowering the value of the constant in the Shield Distortion section, and tweaking the speed value generated in the Animation Speed section, in case that is the result you're hoping to achieve.

Please let us know if you have any further questions, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby oms064 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:46 am

Hi! Thanks for the response.
Yes, I am actually trying to recreate that distortion effect of the shield and came across that detail. I'll look into what you told me.
oms064

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:15 am

Glad to be of assistance, please do let us know if this works out for you or if you have any further questions, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor