Fresnel effect

Node-based Shader Editor

Fresnel effect

Postby Daniel » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:22 pm

Hi
I've been trying out ASE for a few days and so far I love it! I wanted to try to replicate a hologram from a UE4 tutorial, and it went pretty well until I got stuck on a Fresnel effect. It seems like fresnel doesn't work the same way as in UE or I'm just doing it all wrong. The effect I want to implement starts at about 12:30 into this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=wIz6iyIOkys

Would really appreciate some help with this, if it's even possible.

Thanks!
Daniel

Re: Fresnel effect

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:53 pm

Hello Daniel, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

The Fresnel node that is added at the 12 minute mark of that video is actually an Unreal Material Function, which is equivalent to our own Shader Functions, that allow you to create your own custom nodes that include configurable Input/Output nodes and may be reused.

Even though we provide a standard Fresnel Node, such as the one used at the 5 minute mark, the aforementioned one will have to be created from scratch using a Shader Function.

The best way to achieve this would be to download the sample provided in the description of the video, opening it in UE and editing the Material Function, which you may replicate within an ASE Shader Function.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or run into any troubles, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Daniel » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:11 pm

Hi, just the answer I was looking for. I'll try to have a look at how the function is made in UE.
Daniel

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:07 am

Glad to be of assistance!

Have you had the chance to rate and review Amplify Shader Editor? It would be awesome if you could share your experience with the Unity community, the Unity Asset Store thrives on user interaction and direct feedback.

Every bit helps, your feedback is extremely valuable to us!

Feel free to get back in touch if you have any further questions, we're here to help, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor