Unity 2017.3.0b11

Node-based Shader Editor

Unity 2017.3.0b11

Postby Seyjan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:35 pm

Good Evening,

I've updated my Unity to 2017.3 Beta and now I cannot build since some function are considered "Obsolete" (For example : ProceduralMaterial , ...). Are you aware of the problem ? Is there a quick fix or an update incoming ? :(

Regards
Seyjan

Re: Unity 2017.3.0b11

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:16 pm

Seyjan wrote:Good Evening,

I've updated my Unity to 2017.3 Beta and now I cannot build since some function are considered "Obsolete" (For example : ProceduralMaterial , ...). Are you aware of the problem ? Is there a quick fix or an update incoming ? :(

Regards

Thank you for getting in touch! Unfortunately, we are unable to support Unity beta versions.

We are aware of the issue and will examine the cause of the problem as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby rhacer » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:45 pm

I'm on the released version of 2017.3 and seeing tons of Warnings like these...

[CS0618] `UnityEngine.ProceduralTexture' is obsolete:
`Built-in support for Substance Designer materials has been deprecated and will be removed in Unity 2018.1. To continue using Substance Designer materials in Unity 2018.1, you will need to install a suitable third-party external importer from the Asset Store.'
rhacer

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:18 pm

rhacer wrote:I'm on the released version of 2017.3 and seeing tons of Warnings like these...

[CS0618] `UnityEngine.ProceduralTexture' is obsolete:
`Built-in support for Substance Designer materials has been deprecated and will be removed in Unity 2018.1. To continue using Substance Designer materials in Unity 2018.1, you will need to install a suitable third-party external importer from the Asset Store.'

Hello rhacer, thank you for getting in touch!

These warnings are due to Unity deprecating built-in support for Substance Designer materials.
According to Unity's patch notes, this support will be removed in 2018.1 and in order to continue using Substance Designer materials in Unity 2018.1, you'll need to install a suitable third-party external importer from the Asset Store.

You may ignore the warnings and use ASE without any consequence, we haven't been able to implement an alternative that will prevent these warnings since we're not yet aware on how Substance's new plugin will function within Unity, and we're in touch with the Developers in order to update ASE as soon as possible to continue supporting Substance content.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have any further questions, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby CyanSlinky » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:22 pm

I used to import amplify shader editor into all of my projects, but these warnings are a bit obnoxious and fill up the console on every recompile. i hope this will be fixed soon, but for now i'll probably have to do without a shader editor.
CyanSlinky

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:01 am

CyanSlinky wrote:I used to import amplify shader editor into all of my projects, but these warnings are a bit obnoxious and fill up the console on every recompile. i hope this will be fixed soon, but for now i'll probably have to do without a shader editor.

Hello CyanSlinky, thank you for getting in touch!

Regarding the Substance console warnings, we've recently introduced an update in which these were removed, more specifically v1.4.2.006 – 19th January 2018 – Stable, available for download through our website.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor