Framerate drops drastically (Android)

Framerate drops drastically (Android)

Postby BlackThunder » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:25 am

Hey Community,
I've recently purchased Amplify Shader Editor and was not disappointed :D, so I went and bought Amplify Occlusion too.
In the Editor the game runs just fine, but when I build it and start on my Android device (Samsung Galaxy S6), the framerate drops drastically. When Amplify Occlusion is disabled, I get stable 60 FPS (with V-sync), but when I enable Amplify Occlusion, the Framerate drops to around 9-10 FPS.
In the Profiler you can see that "Gfx.WaitForPresent" is using around 95% of the Performance. (I added a screenshot)
I've uploaded a screenshot of my current settings.

I hope you can help me,
Thanks in advance!

EDIT: On my friends Huawei p8 lite 2017 the game runs at about 4-5 FPS
Attachments
Component.PNG
My settings in the Amplify Occlusion component
Component.PNG (30 KiB) Viewed 3760 times
Profiler.PNG
This is a screenshot of the Profiler
Profiler.PNG (74.57 KiB) Viewed 3760 times
BlackThunder

Re: Framerate drops drastically (Android)

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:26 am

BlackThunder wrote:Hey Community,
I've recently purchased Amplify Shader Editor and was not disappointed :D, so I went and bought Amplify Occlusion too.
In the Editor the game runs just fine, but when I build it and start on my Android device (Samsung Galaxy S6), the framerate drops drastically. When Amplify Occlusion is disabled, I get stable 60 FPS (with V-sync), but when I enable Amplify Occlusion, the Framerate drops to around 9-10 FPS.
In the Profiler you can see that "Gfx.WaitForPresent" is using around 95% of the Performance. (I added a screenshot)
I've uploaded a screenshot of my current settings.

I hope you can help me,
Thanks in advance!

Hello BlackThunder, thank you for your support!

Gfx.waitForPresent means that the CPU is waiting until the rendering process is finished. I highly recommend that you check your render processes in the profiler in order to determine which one is taking too long to finish.

If possible, could you send us a screenshot of the profiler's Gpu Usage for the AO-BeforePostOpaque, which would be within PostLateUpdate.FinishFrameRendering/Camera.Render/Drawing/CommandBuffer.BeforeImageEffectOpaque/AO-BeforePostOpaque, and provide us your Unity and Amplify Occlusion versions?

A few additional details would also be helpful:

1) Does toggling the Cache-aware option change anything, if so, how?
2) Does toggling the Downsample option change anything, if so, how?
3) Does setting Per Pixel Normals to none change anything, if so, how?

Apologies for the inconvenience, looking forward to your reply!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Occlusion