Combine diffuse color into outline

Node-based Shader Editor

Combine diffuse color into outline

Postby kenyonxu » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:53 am

Hi

In our project we are currently using ASE to make toon shader, however to achieve better result, we hope to use diffuse color as one of the source color of the outline, similar to the pic I have attached. Would ASE support this function in the future? Also the outline function right now does not support alpha, hopefully it will be supported too.

Another question I have is that if I want to make bump effect, what can I use other than the [Parallax Offset] node?

Best Regards
Kenyon
Attachments
outlinexample.jpg
outlinexample.jpg (35.68 KiB) Viewed 1707 times
kenyonxu

Re: Combine diffuse color into outline

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:27 pm

kenyonxu wrote:Hi

In our project we are currently using ASE to make toon shader, however to achieve better result, we hope to use diffuse color as one of the source color of the outline, similar to the pic I have attached. Would ASE support this function in the future? Also the outline function right now does not support alpha, hopefully it will be supported too.

Hello, thank you for getting in touch!

We've recently added the custom outline feature, to which we provide an official sample in AmplifyShaderEditor > Examples > Official > CustomOutlineToon, that shows how to use the diffuse color as one of the sources for the outline.

Regarding outline alpha, while it's not currently supported, I'll register your feedback so that we can investigate what would be necessary to support it. Even though I can't provide any time estimates, we'll get back in touch as soon as we have a solution.

kenyonxu wrote:Another question I have is that if I want to make bump effect, what can I use other than the [Parallax Offset] node?

Are you looking for anything specific other than standard Normal Maps?

Looking forward to your reply!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby kenyonxu » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:00 am

Hi

Thank you for the speedy reply!

All problem solved(including bump question)!

Thanks again for a great plugin and great support!

Best Regards
Kenyon
kenyonxu

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:01 pm

No worries, glad to be of assistance!

Have you had the chance to rate and review Amplify Shader Editor? It would be awesome if you could share your experience with the Unity community, the Unity Asset Store thrives on user interaction and direct feedback.

Every bit helps, your feedback is extremely valuable to us!

Feel free to get back in touch if you have further issues or questions, thanks!
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:51 pm

Hey there!

We've just released a new ASE build, v1.4.2.003 – 11th January 2018, in which the Outline node now supports transparency and mask operations through the new Alpha Mode option, feel free to download it through our webpage.

Looking forward to your feedback!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor