Panning a texture using Triplanar Sampler

Node-based Shader Editor

Panning a texture using Triplanar Sampler

Postby Giantswing » Thu May 17, 2018 10:38 am

Hi amplify team and everyone else! The title pretty much sums it up, how would I go around panning a texture using the Triplanar Sampler, doing in with a regular texture sample is pretty easy because you have the UV input but I dont know how would I do it with the Triplanar Sampler, any ideas? Thanks so much
Giantswing

Re: Panning a texture using Triplanar Sampler

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu May 17, 2018 11:07 am

Hello!

Our Triplanar Sample node is intended to be used as a general purpose triplanar effect, so it won't be able to accommodate specific effects such as panning.

I suggest that you look into our TriplanarProjection sample, which provides an example setup for a triplanar effect that may be adapted and customized to suit your needs.

Please let me know if this helps, and if you have any further questions regarding the suggested sample, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Giantswing » Thu May 17, 2018 1:24 pm

Well I've tried looking at that example you told me but it seems incredibly complicated for my level it also produces some stretching that doesnt happen with the normal triplanar sampler, I think it would be nice to have maybe a second Triplanar Sampler with more options in case you want them but anyway thanks for the response
Giantswing

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu May 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Thank you for the suggestion, we would really like to be able to provide an additional Triplanar node, however, due to the considerable amount of work involved, I'm afraid that it won't be possible to do so at this time.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, I'll be happy to help!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor