Polybrush

Node-based Shader Editor

Polybrush

Postby Dova » Tue May 15, 2018 5:24 pm

Afternoon,
Is there a way in getting Amplify Shader to work with the Polybrush plugin within Unity as I hate the limitations to the terrain shader within Unity?
Thanks.
Dova

Re: Polybrush

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Tue May 15, 2018 9:02 pm

Dova wrote:Afternoon,
Is there a way in getting Amplify Shader to work with the Polybrush plugin within Unity as I hate the limitations to the terrain shader within Unity?
Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch!

Not out of the box, we'll have to examine the included Polybrush shaders in order to determine its specific requirements. Until then, you should be able to take advantage of its Vertex Color painting capabilities.

Be sure to let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu May 17, 2018 3:46 pm

Dova wrote:Afternoon,
Thanks.

Hello,

Upon further examination, I don't think that we'll be able to support Polybrush in the near future given the amount of work required; in some cases, it would actually involve creating completely new complex shaders, not just adding support for it.

If you do decide to use ASE, you can still take advantage of the Vertex Paint option in Polybrush.

Thank you for understanding.
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Dova » Thu May 31, 2018 12:47 pm

Thanks for the response, I will continue using ASE, the vertex painting feature is limited rather than using splats, but I can only use albedo and normals for terrain unless I am doing something wrong. There are other tools to use for terrain maps and textures which I was trying to avoid but I guess its nothing much you can do when using Unity, curious to see what they decide to change in their new terrain feature for this year next update to 2018.
Thanks again :)
Dova

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu May 31, 2018 1:11 pm

Dova wrote:Thanks for the response, I will continue using ASE, the vertex painting feature is limited rather than using splats, but I can only use albedo and normals for terrain unless I am doing something wrong. There are other tools to use for terrain maps and textures which I was trying to avoid but I guess its nothing much you can do when using Unity, curious to see what they decide to change in their new terrain feature for this year next update to 2018.
Thanks again :)

Sorry, not sure what you mean. I'll need additional information on your current setup.

Thanks!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Shader Editor