Incorrect Tessellation shadow

Node-based Shader Editor

Incorrect Tessellation shadow

Postby minh01218834066 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:20 pm

I follow this https://unity3d.com/es/learn/tutorials/topics/asset-store/introduction-amplify-shader-editor tutorial on unity (2018.1.0f2 with ASE 1.5.3)

With default setup (nothing relate to World Normal of Vertex Normal function) it works perfect:

But if we add in some nodes that are related to functions like World Normal and Vertex Normal, It will screw up the shadow of Tessellation

The case is, Triplanar Sampler (which is related to World Normal function) is in use in the second test, and it will screw up the shadow.

Even thing like this will make the shadow of Tessellation go wrong (Vertex Normal multiply by zero and connect to Metallic - I can't understand why?).

Thank you.
minh01218834066

Re: Incorrect Tessellation shadow

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:11 pm

Hello, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

Apologies but I'm having trouble fully understanding the issue, I've tested both the example in the tutorial and the node setup you've shared in your screenshot, and everything seems to be working as expected on my end.

Would you mind sending us a sample with the issue present, together with additional details regarding the expected results of your setup? I might've missed something in my tests, so a sample would be extremely helpful in order to debug the issue with the exact same conditions.

Thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby minh01218834066 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:10 pm

Thank you for your time. This is the project https://mega.nz/#!6JcVFD5D!_HbQPSr32y07F0EUAK9d7f1zUg8iR5Gls5ke4P1F2lY

First, open the project => open the "Shadow incorrect" scene right in the Assets folder.
minh01218834066

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:21 pm

Thank you for taking the time to prepare a sample for us!

Since we'll be away for the week as we're going to be present at Unite Berlin, we'll only be able to tackle the issue you're having throughout next week, apologies for the inconvenience.
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:13 pm

Greetings!

We've examine the sample provided and should be able to offer additional information soon.

Apologies for the inconvenience, thank you for understanding.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby minh01218834066 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:40 pm

Thanks!! Please let us know when you discovered the problem. :D
minh01218834066

Postby elfinik » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:28 am

Hi!
I have the same problem
Tell me please, did you manage to solve it?
elfinik

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:16 am

Hello!

Unfortunately, we still haven't had any developments regarding this issue, apologies for the inconvenience.

We'll be sure to reply to this thread as soon as we have any updates to share, thank you for understanding!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor