HDRP and weird values

Node-based Shader Editor

HDRP and weird values

Postby cAyou » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Hi ! I'm trying to make a world based position shader, using the HDRP unlit template.
Using the World position node is giving me very weird results, not as I was excepting.

Here's the result on legacy RP:
https://streamable.com/l1693

And the result with HDRP unlit template:
https://streamable.com/ohq5d

It looks like is relative to the camera angle (?!) and follow the object instead of staying at the same position.
The shader is simply the x from node "World Position" attached to the color.
I've noticed other weird result using "World To Object" node, giving me wrong result (I had to pass the value by script...).

FYI I'm using the latest ASE plugin from this website (to fix errors relative to the 2018.3 beta version).

Are you aware of these issues? Do you know how I can fix them? Thanks !
cAyou

Re: HDRP and weird values

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Hello, could you elaborate on which specific Unity and HDRP versions you're using, so that we can run some tests on our side?

Thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby cAyou » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:08 pm

Yes no problem, I'm using Unity 2018.3b9 with HDRP 4.1.0 (the latest 4.2.0 breaks amplify shaders).
cAyou

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:05 pm

Thank you for providing additional details, we've just confirmed both issues on our side and are going to proceed to investigate them, we'll be sure to let you know as soon as we have any developments, apologies for the inconvenience.
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby cAyou » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:59 am

Amplify_Borba wrote:Thank you for providing additional details, we've just confirmed both issues on our side and are going to proceed to investigate them, we'll be sure to let you know as soon as we have any developments, apologies for the inconvenience.

Glad to know you can reproduce it.
Also a big issue I had was if I have a "World position" node (or any pixel related information) connected to the vertex offset node, the model became very "glitchy". So I have to avoid using them (didn't try on legacy RP). For most cases (like the original thread issue) you can pass some values to the shader (for example world pivot point) and do some math to handle what you want to achieve.
But definitely if you want the people to keep using ASE when the HDRP will be fully released and it's something you want to fix for sure.

Good luck finding those issues !
cAyou

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:05 pm

We've just released a new build, which you can download through our website, in which we've corrected the issue with the world position generation.

Regarding HDRP 4.2.0, we're still in the process of converting our template to accommodate to all the new changes it brings, so it's likely to take a while longer.

Please let us know if you come across any further issues, thanks!
Amplify_Borba

Postby cAyou » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:15 am

Amazing, thanks !
cAyou

Return to Amplify Shader Editor