Problem with point lights in custom light

Node-based Shader Editor

Re: Problem with point lights in custom light

Postby deadlycrow1 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:27 pm

Thank you!! and i apologize to give all the details so bad haha. i should have said all that in the first post haha :D
deadlycrow1

Postby deadlycrow1 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:54 am

Hi, any update? how can i fix this?
deadlycrow1

Postby DanijelMihokovic » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:11 pm

Hi all. I'd like to pitch in as well.

I've hit the same brick wall as the OP. In my case, the problem is also evident only in playmode, but only on objects marked as static. The project is using the standard built-in rendering, no SRP.

The custom shader is built referencing the ASE Sample Shaders -> Custom Lighting Toon, which exhibits the same problems. I haven't noticed the problem in earlier versions of Unity / Amplify Editor.

Using the latest release of both Unity and Amplify.

I hope this helps in some way!
DanijelMihokovic

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:31 am

Greetings,

Our apologies for the delay, holiday season is always a bit problematic.

The problem is caused by batching, you can't use the outline effect with it given the technique used; this is not an issue, it's simply how the outline effect works. Setting your objects to static will batch thems, hence the issue.

We recommend disabling batching which resolves the experienced issue.

Be sure to let us know if the problem persists, there could always be another factor in play here.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby deadlycrow1 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:57 am

Thanks for the answer, sadly, i don't think disabling batching is a good idea, since i have several, seeeveral objects in the scene. any other solution? also, i've noticed that outline effect doesnt work with the plugin "curved world", the outline effect doesnt take the curved world offset on the verts and it shows just stuck in the background as a black shape, While the actual object its correctly deformed by curved world. I know this is another topic, but is there a way to work with both plugins having an outline effect or not? if not, its ok. But about the main problem, is there any other way to fix? because i'd rather not disable the batching :(
deadlycrow1

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:03 pm

To any other user on the same boat: As with Billboards, the only way is to disable batching as it alters the gameobject transform. You can always use GPU instancing which is far superior.

As for Curve World, if you are already following our instructions, it's likely not supported. For any Curve World specific issues, I recommend contacting the developer; maybe refrain from "review bombing" him before he gets back to you, he is usually pretty busy but quite helpful.

Thanks!
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby DanijelMihokovic » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:12 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and explanation. I appreciate it and will make the necessary adjustments.
DanijelMihokovic

Postby deadlycrow1 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:27 pm

Ricardo Teixeira wrote:To any other user on the same boat: As with Billboards, the only way is to disable batching as it alters the gameobject transform. You can always use GPU instancing which is far superior.

As for Curve World, if you are already following our instructions, it's likely not supported. For any Curve World specific issues, I recommend contacting the developer; maybe refrain from "review bombing" him before he gets back to you, he is usually pretty busy but quite helpful.

Thanks!

Hi Ricardo, i did what you adviced and it worked!, also i've been told by the curved world creator that i can make it work by also modifyng the second pass vertex offset (which is the one that controls the outline effect), though i did it modyfying the shader by code in visual studio, is there anyway to do that inside the ASE canvas?
deadlycrow1

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:15 pm

Hello, modifying passes has to be done in the shader code, as our editor does not support doing it through the canvas.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Amplify_Borba

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:18 pm

deadlycrow1 wrote:
Ricardo Teixeira wrote:To any other user on the same boat: As with Billboards, the only way is to disable batching as it alters the gameobject transform. You can always use GPU instancing which is far superior.

Thanks!

Hi Ricardo, i did what you adviced and it worked!, also i've been told by the curved world creator that i can make it work by also modifyng the second pass vertex offset (which is the one that controls the outline effect), though i did it modyfying the shader by code in visual studio, is there anyway to do that inside the ASE canvas?

Always great to know we can be of assistance, too bad for the "review" you left us.
Ricardo Teixeira

Previous

Return to Amplify Shader Editor