Depth fade on webgl not working?

Your feedback is very important to us. We are listening.

Depth fade on webgl not working?

Postby ekremer » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:53 pm

Hey there,

I would like to know if depth fade is supposed to work for webgl because I can't get it to work (ASE).
In the editor viewport it is working, but not on the published build.
Could you please provide some information about it?

Thanks in advance for your help and time!
ekremer

Re: Depth fade on webgl not working?

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:30 am

Hello, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

It should work, although when it comes to WebGL we can't guarantee that it will work in every case since you may run into version specific Browser or Unity issues, so we strongly recommend that you test your shaders on different configurations.

I've created a simple sample in Unity 2018.3.3f1 with ASE 1.6.2r4, and ran it on Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit):

Have you tested on different browsers?

If you could share a simple sample with the issue present we'd be happy to look into it on our side!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby ekremer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:06 pm

Hello,

thanks for the fast reply! I can make a depthfade in a new project, but in my current one it looks more like a camera depth fade??? I am pretty sure, that it worked before (I tested it) but after building the project, it is just not working anymore. Could there be something in the project settings that I have accidentally changed with the build?

Here an image of my current scene, where it is not working (yes it is set to transparent and is in the transparent queue) it actually looks like a camera depth fade.

Thanks in advance for your help!

depthtest_01.JPG
depthtest_01.JPG (203.44 KiB) Viewed 20543 times
ekremer

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:16 pm

Please note that you need to have a light in the scene that is casting shadows so that the shadow casting pass is called, otherwise the Depth Fade node won't work.
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby ekremer » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:32 am

Thank you!
Yes it was the problem with no lights in the scene. I didn't know, that Unity will deactivate this when removing all lights. All shaders in the scene are unlit, so I didn't thought about this.
Thanks again!
ekremer

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:55 am

No problem, we're always happy to help!

Have you had the chance to rate and review Amplify Shader Editor? It would be awesome if you could share your experience with the Unity community, every bit helps and your feedback is extremely valuable to us.

Feel free to get back in touch if you have further issues or questions, thank you!
Amplify_Borba

Return to General Discussion